Bars can now be open and eating places can function at full capability in Garfield and different counties working beneath the state’s blue stage COVID-19 restrictions, Garfield County Public Well being introduced Wednesday.
Colorado this week accepted adjustments to its COVID-19 dial — now known as dial 3.0 — easing most of the restrictions on companies and making it simpler to realize the least-restrictive inexperienced stage, often known as “shield our neighbors,” based on a county press launch.
Garfield County is at present at stage blue, or “warning,” on the dial, primarily based on latest COVID-19 case counts, weekly incidence and take a look at positivity charges and low variety of hospitalizations.
With the three.0 adjustments now in impact, based on the discharge, all eating places can function at 100% capability, however nonetheless with six ft distancing between teams.
Bars that don’t serve an everyday meals menu may also now be open at 25% capability, or as much as 75 individuals, whichever is fewer.
Meaning liquor institutions that beforehand had been required to stay closed even beneath stage blue, can now be open on the restricted capability.
As well as:
- Gyms, recreation facilities and swimming pools may function at 100% capability beneath blue, with six ft distancing; masks are nonetheless required.
- State capability restrictions for outside occasions, together with guided actions, have been eliminated for each ranges blue and inexperienced, although counties should elect to implement some capability restrictions.
- The state restriction on private gatherings, which had been 10 or much less from solely two households, has additionally been dropped. Nevertheless, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) nonetheless recommends avoiding massive gatherings.
- Retail institutions, workplaces and non-critical manufacturing might now function at 75% capability beneath stage blue, up from 50%.
- The replace removes a restriction that public transit ought to solely be used for mandatory actions.
- The dial change additionally means indoor seated and non-seated occasions which are 5 Star-certified can function at 50% capability, with a restrict of 500 individuals in stage blue.
With the dial change, counties can now qualify for green-level standing robotically with a seven-day incidence stage of 35 circumstances per 100,000, up from 15 per 100,000 beneath the previous dial 2.0.
As of Wednesday, Garfield County was at 129.6 circumstances per 100,000. Stage blue ranges from 36-100 circumstances per 100,000, however Garfield County has not but been above that quantity for seven days.
Ranges inexperienced and blue each require a testing positivity fee of no higher than 5%. On Wednesday, the positivity fee in Garfield County was 4.4%, and hospitalizations additionally remained low.
The state dial replace comes as near 80% of Coloradans ages 70 and up have acquired a COVID-19 vaccination, based on the discharge.
“That group represents 78% of all COVID-19 deaths and 38% of all hospitalizations through the pandemic,” the county’s press launch notes.
As extra Coloradans obtain COVID-19 vaccinations, the Colorado Division of Public Well being and Atmosphere (CDPHE) anticipates a extra localized dial mannequin by mid-April. That may permit county public well being departments to have extra management over native capability limits, the county defined within the launch.
“CDPHE might transfer a county right into a extra restrictive dial stage if hospitals exceed 85% capability,” the discharge mentioned. “The purpose of the state’s COVID dial is to protect hospital capability statewide.”
The dial adjustments don’t have an effect on the state’s masks mandate, which is now set to run out on April 3 however might be prolonged or modified by the Governor’s Workplace.