After a roughly 5 yr delay, the Andaz Bali has lastly opened as we speak.
Particulars of the brand new Andaz Bali
The Andaz Bali is now open, and it marks the primary Andaz property in Indonesia, and the primary Andaz resort in all of Asia. For these of you not acquainted, with Andaz, it’s Hyatt’s luxurious(ish) way of life model, with roughly two dozen properties across the globe.
Listed here are a few of the fundamental particulars of the Andaz Bali:
- The resort is positioned in Sanur, alongside Bali’s southeast shoreline; that’s doubtlessly a ~25 minute drive from Bali Ngurah Rai Worldwide Airport (DPS), although site visitors might be horrible generally
- The resort is positioned proper subsequent to the Hyatt Regency, which not too long ago underwent a big renovation
- The resort has 149 visitor rooms, together with 22 villas
- I admire how spacious the rooms listed here are — commonplace rooms are 710 sq. toes, whereas commonplace suites are 1,345 sq. toes (although I think about this contains out of doors area)
- The resort options facilities like 4 intertwining eating places within the resort’s village sq., a beachfront restaurant, and three swimming swimming pools, together with an infinity beachfront pool
- Curiously the resort doesn’t have its personal spa, however somewhat shares the Shankha Spa on the adjoining Hyatt Regency, which can also be the place the health middle, sauna, steam room, cold and warm plunge swimming pools, yoga area, and adults-only pool are positioned
Beneath are some photos of the Andaz Bali.
Andaz Bali entrance
Andaz Bali pool
Andaz Bali visitor room
Andaz Bali suite
Andaz Bali suite
The Andaz Bali is a Class 4 World of Hyatt resort
The Andaz Bali is debuting a a Class 4 World of Hyatt property, which means that:
- A free evening in a normal room prices 15,000 factors, and you may also redeem Class 1-4 free evening certificates right here
- A free evening in a normal suite prices 24,000 factors, and a free evening in a premium suite prices 30,000 factors
For context, I worth World of Hyatt factors at ~1.5 cents every, so to me 15,000 factors are value ~$225. Initially the resort has charges beginning at nicely underneath $200 per evening, although I think about over time we’ll see charges improve, as journey restrictions are lifted.
Why I’m kinda lukewarm about this resort
It’s nice to have one other Hyatt possibility in Bali, although personally I’m unsure I’ll be placing this on my bucket record:
- Bali has limitless luxurious motels of the best commonplace, and plenty of of them are bookable with factors, so there’s no scarcity of nice choices
- I discover the Andaz model to be actually inconsistent, so I don’t have a lot religion on this resort purely when it comes to the model
- I don’t notably love the world this resort is in, and would somewhat be in Nusa Dua, Seminyak, or Ubud, when it comes to quick access to eating places and excursions, relying on what I’m searching for
- The truth that this resort shares a spa with the 350+ room Hyatt Regency subsequent door doesn’t precisely sound like an awesome expertise; we’re speaking about 500+ rooms all utilizing the identical spa, and spa remedies are an enormous cause to return to Bali
So I’m certain the resort will probably be completely beautiful and good, and plenty of will like this resort. However except I hear in any other case from individuals who keep right here, I simply don’t see myself prioritizing this resort the subsequent time I go to Bali.
The Andaz Bali shares a spa with the Hyatt Regency
The 149-room Andaz Bali is lastly open, after a roughly 5 yr delay (the resort was purported to open in 2016). It’s positioned proper subsequent to the Hyatt Regency, which additionally not too long ago underwent a renovation.
It’s nice to see one other Hyatt possibility in Bali, although personally I’m unsure I’d fly all over the world to remain right here, given the limitless luxurious resort choices out there in Bali.
What do you make of the Andaz Bali? Anybody contemplating a keep, if/when it’s doable?